Monday, October 23, 2006

Bow your heads...the celebrities will lead us in prayer

We love our celebrities. We love talking about them, criticizing them, seeing if their lives are getting involved in scandal. It's an ok diversion from time to time. But some of us take it to far, and some of us think of these people on a higher level. They're famous, they have money, they certainly must have a view of the world that certainly the rest of us plebs cannot understand, right?

I bring this up because I just rolled my eyes after reading a Yahoo! article regarding Madonna's wish to adopt a boy from Malawi. The article reads: The High Court in Lilongwe will on Friday start hearing the case lodged by the Human Rights Consultative Committee (HRCC), an alliance of 67 human rights groups, which argues current Malawi laws forbid international adoption, even by celebrities."

Now is it me, or do journalists really have to declare to the reader that laws are also binding to the rich and famous? Do people really think that there are a second set of laws for people that are more well known than you and me?

Ridiculous.

Comments:
"Do people really think that there are a second set of laws for people that are more well known than you and me?"

Ask O.J., Gibson and Robert Blake.
 
Don't forget about me.
 
Hey what about me?
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]