Friday, September 15, 2006

Follow-up to the Interac Experiment

Last month, I tried to avoid cash and pay everything by swiping my debit card, just to see if my monthly spending would be reduced by not having cash on hand to buy stuff.

Well, comparing my previous bank statements didn't show much difference. And you DO need to have cash...paying your friends back or splitting a bill, taking a taxi home...some things you just need legal tender. And swiping a card for a $5.95 movie rental was just embarassing.

So in the end, the experiment for me showed little if any difference by carrying around cash, and a slight increase of a few dollars in bank charges. So I'll just go back to the way I was doing things.

Now where's my Nobel Prize?

Comments:
Your Nobel Prize is right beside your Regular Season and Playoff Hockey Pool trophies...

As in: Yet to be earned.
 
I don't think that I have cash in my wallet on a regular basis for the last -probably- 7 years.

My mother is a bank manager so I get all my transactions free of charge. It has become a sickness...

You shouldn’t be embarrassed about a movie rental using your debit card that seems like something that should be purchased with a debit card; I will use mine for buying coffee when I am by myself…that is $1.56
 
Well, you usually don't have cash in your wallet since I took it playing POKER!!!!! :)
 
How about a Nobel Fry....
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]