Monday, August 07, 2006

Where did this movie come from?

It's extremely rare that a horror film gets good buzz and positive reviews, but The Descent fits that category. The trailer didn't look like anything we haven't seen before from a horror flick, promising lots of blood and gore. But apparently this film delivers where so many others fail.

I won't see it, because quite frankly I'm a huge chicken when it comes to scary films. If I ever rent one (I tried The Ring and The Grudge for a change of pace), usually I'll fast forward or do the *pause* *play* *pause* *play* schtick with the remote. BTW, I thought those two pics were scary, but veteran horror buffs tell me those flicks were laughable and not that frightening.

Anyway, if you've seen it give your two cents in the comments section. As for the next movie I'll see in theatres, I'll probably give World Trade Centre a try. It's been getting good reviews, Oliver Stone is my favourite director and he hasn't done anything good, in, woo-boy, a long time. Talledega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby might get the call, too.

Comments:
Dude, the Ring *was* scary.

My idea of a frightening time? Having to sit through 2.5 hours of a Oliver Stone flick starring Nic Cage, bad New Yawk accents and that mustache.
 
I too thought The Ring was insanely scary! Of course I thought the first 20 minutes of 28 Days Later was creepy as well.

I also use the pause/play schtick...but with an entirely different genre of film...ewwwwww
 
Dude, you said it. Fast Zombies = Scary. Some parts of the remake of Dawn of the Dead were pretty damn bleak as well.
 
Also scary? The number of times I use the term "Dude" when posting on this blog.
 
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought The Ring was scary. Well, inside my circle of friends. They did make a sequel to it.

The new Dawn of the Dead was great, too. Scared me plenty. Why do we subject ourselves to it?
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]