Friday, August 04, 2006

The Interac Experiment

If you don't have it, you can't spend it. Or so the logic goes when there is no cash in my wallet. Always looking for a way to curtail spending and save a little bit more dough, for the rest of the month all my purchases will come via my debit card. There's been a few times where I'd say to myself, "Ah, I need to make dinner for myself, don't feel like it...oh, here's eight bucks in my wallet, I'm going to Quizno's". Impulse transactions like that would be harder to do. Of course, there might be a higher amount of bank charges for all my debit transactions (like TD needs it), but I'm hoping in the end I'll come out ahead. I'll report my findings once August is over.

The exception will, of course, be that I am allowed to have cash for my poker nights. That'll turn a profit though. Yeesh, I hope!

Comments:
Hey Ben,

I was toying with the idea of doing just the opposite. ie: Budget a weekly amount of cash for myself and leave the cards at home.

This way I'll have to make due with what I have.

I'll reduce bank transactions by only taking out a lump sum once a week.

I'll think twice about that Quizno's sub when I have all the ingredients for a delicious sammich at home

The only catch to this self imposed allowance is...I'll have to mow the lawn and take out the trash before I earn it...
 
Hey, taking out the trash was my job... You were in charge of avoiding doing the dishes, weren't you? :)

-Stan
 
Touché Planford...touché,

I can handle all the trappings of running a household now. I think I deserve that $5.00 a week...I choose not to wash my dishes for environmental reasons.
 
Plan B,

We shall compare notes if you decide it will be cash only in your life.

And just do the friggin' dishes!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]