Sunday, August 27, 2006

A Brush With Death

Sort of. Well, I got a big scare anyway, but didn't get hurt. Last night at Marc's bachelor party (good time, btw!) we had to hail a cab to head back home. Ivan called down one and was trying to talk the driver into letting all 6 of us get in. No question, that's over capacity and cabbies shouldn't be letting people do it, but Ivan tried anyway. Now, I had the rear passenger door open while this conversation was going on, and I couldn't hear it too well. But I did hear Ivan say, "Ok, let's get in". I put my foot inside and that's when the cabbie decided to floor it. I mean, he just shot off like a jet. So I'm bouncing alongside the cab with my foot stuck in it, scared that I might get thrown under the car. I was stuck for about 2-3 seconds (but it seemed longer) and luckily nothing happened except my heart rate going up as I was able to push myself away from the cab. I know cabbies don't have the best job and they have to talk to a lot of drunken, irate people over the course of a shift, but there's no need to put someone's life at stake over it.

Comments:
Glad to hear you're no worse for wear, buddy.
 
Holly COW! Glad you made it out of that one. Were you left standing there by yourself? What happend next?
 
Sorry Ben glad nothing happened and I wish he would have been stuck in traffic at that light...I contemplated running after him but he was gone when he got around that corner.
 
Yikes. Glad to hear you're OK pal.

Sounds like a crazy action/stunt scene with you in the leading role. All that's missing is Van Damme or Seagal to the rescue followed by a fully throttled cab driver.
 
What cab company?
 
At the end of it, the guys came up to me to see if I was ok, I was just beside the curb on the road and there weren't too many cars around (it was about 3:30am).
I think the cab company was Blue Line, from memory they were the same ones that had that accident last year where a girl got dragged under one of their cabs in Kanata and died.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]