Wednesday, August 23, 2006

The Ballad of Ricky Bobby


I'm sleepy and ready to call it a night after busting out in poker first (yikes, I win one game a week ago and I'm on top of the world, now I'm just a b-u-s-t bust). Anyway, Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby got the call a few nights ago, and here's two words for it: Pure Hilarity. Well, it wasn't non-stop laughs from start to finish, but when it hit, it hit well. Will Ferrell just looks funny. He has a natural talent with comedy and is one of those guys that will do anything for a laugh. When a movie makes me laugh out loud several times, you know it's done its job.

Recommended.

Comments:
agreed!! It's a sweet movie, but more mellow than Anchorman or Old School... I found that it was solid the whole way through but with fewer jokes that stick with you... yet when I hear the phrase "Ricky Bobby" I smile each time .... it's a Will Farrell movie, I don't think it will win over new fans, but if you like him the movie is totally worth it. Shake and Bake.
 
"You sound like a dog with peanutbutter on the top of your mouth"

I haven't seen it yet but Will Farrell movies are a must see...Old school by far the best..."Your my boy Blue!"
 
I'd like to see this flick as well. They had me the moment Ricky Bobby called his kids Walker and Texas Ranger in the trailer.

Old School rocks. My buddy Freeze always says that Frank "The Tank" deserves his own spin-off movie and he's right.
 
"Well, um, actually a pretty nice little Saturday, we're going to go to Home Depot. Yeah, buy some wallpaper, maybe get some flooring, stuff like that. Maybe Bed, Bath, & Beyond, I don't know, I don't know if we'll have enough time."
Too Funny.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]