Monday, July 17, 2006

Controller Controller helps close out Bluesfest

Not one to head to music festivals where I don't the bands or what music I'm listening to, I bought a one day pass for the last day of Ottawa Bluesfest so I could see Controller Controller. Kim convinced me to see a few more bands since I'd be paying $28 just for a one hour act, so I headed earlier to take in a few other bands. Now, I have the worst memory and couldn't tell you the names of the other musicians I heard because that's how I roll, but they were all very good. The crowd was subdued since it was so frickin' hot outside, but I think the crowd overall enjoyed the shows put on.

Anyway, back to CC.... I read on a website that they're booked to play at the Bell Centre in May 2007. Are they opening for someone? Are they releasing a new album that the producers already think will be huge so they're booking them now? I will have to find out...

Comments:
I think c.c. are hockey enthusiats and they've rented some ice time for shinny with their buds - come to think of it, I played the Corel Center once a few years back. But seriously, sounds like a good gig opening OR headlining. Knock em dead c.c., sorry I had to miss your Bluesfest closer, I'm taking up the slow and easy does it life in NB, gonna take some getting used to. Nirm n Ted, you're welcome out here any time, you know how to get in touch. (e-mail)

Johnny
 
No news of any of that on their site or Pollstar... I wonder if you're seeing old information from when they were supposed to open for Billy Idol *this past* May?
 
Billy Idol?! How fucking cool is that! Too bad that fell through.
 
Whoops. Sorry, got that wrong. I think it was actually The Cult... Also cool tho.
 
Did some research (aka, spoke to Nirmala!), the year was incorrect. They did open for The Cult this past May at the Bell Centre. So nothing happening in Montreal next year, for now.
 
Man, how did we manage to post a comment at the exact same time?! Nice.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]