Friday, July 07, 2006

Click

I hate to admit it, but in the words of Kurt Angle, "Oh it's true, it's true". I took some hard-earned money and gave it to Adam Sandler's Click, further justifying his continuing streak of bad comedies.

Don't get me wrong. I like Adam Sandler when he's on. Happy Gilmore was great. And not too many people liked his Punch Drunk Love but I thought it was fantastic. Even a weakness for The Wedding Singer (mainly because of the non-stop 80s references) lingers in SBP. But, like Little Nicky, like Big Daddy, like Anger Management, he whipped up a comedy that just isn't funny. Towards the end of Click, he also tried to get serious and gave us some melodrama. But it was so cheesy and so syrupy sweet, that didn't work either.

Christopher Walken makes an appearance for no other reason that he's Christopher Walken. He's wacky for wackiness sake, just parodying himself and offering a plot device so that the premise of the movie, Sandler getting his hand on a remote control that can control his life in the present and future, as well as visit his past, can take place.

The audience disagreed with me for the most part. They loved the jokes and seemed to laugh quite a bit. But I just couldn't do it. A couple of laughs, maybe, but that's it. For a comedy, that isn't enough.

I pretty much knew what I was getting myself into, and for that I got pretty much got what I deserved. This is a movie I recommend you skip.

Comments:
Wait... So, what you're saying is that this Adam Sandler movie isn't any good?

29% on RottenTomatoes means you're gonna roll the dice... I don't know why you'd spend your money on it. I guess they haven't greenlit Big Momma's House III yet, so you've gotta do something to kill time until then.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]