Tuesday, June 27, 2006

SBP returns and sports

I had a very nice getaway to the Muskokas with Kim, Alex and Kerri. Kerri's parents were extremely generous and we never felt like a burden when we were around. The highlight was definitely my tubeing ride on the motorboat. Alex commented that he's never seen a man my size, "get that much air time". I made it out in one piece, so it's all good!

Ok, let's talk about sports (sports sports sports sports!). While I was away, we went to the local resort to watch the Australia-Croatia World Cup match. My Aussies needed a tie, and they got it in dramatic fashion. The Croats put up a good fight to try to win, but quite honestly they are a bunch of whiny, diving mofos. When one of their players put his hands on the referee, I was glad to see them leave the World Cup. And I had a thought the Aussies could pull off an upset and maybe go a bit further.

I didn't see the Socceroos play Italy yesterday, but I did see the highlights. Biased perhaps, but to me that last minute penalty kick awarded to the Italians was one of the worst calls in World Cup 2006. Marginal at best, but at worst, a horrible way for the match to end. But, you can't change what happened, and the Aussies are sent back home. If anything though, they certainly made a lasting impression on the soccer world, and will command respect for the next tournament. So now, I'll be rooting for the English to get was has eluded them for 40 years. I have no interest in seeing Brazil repeat for the umpteenth time.

Tomorrow I'll write about all the hockey stuff that has gone down in the last few days. When you're away on vacation and read up on all the trades that happened, it's pretty cool to catch up on the news all at once.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]