Wednesday, June 07, 2006

My Attempt at Entrepreneurship

I like Ebay. Enough now that I'm not just picking up an item here & there, but I've started to sell some stuff, too.

I've made four sales so far and have actually turned a profit. The picture on this blog entry is the very first item I put up for sale. See, the value of that ring after shipping & taxes was about $350 Canadian. But a few months ago there were some rings that were going as high as $1,000 US! I decided I wanted a piece of that action. Normal, conservative Ben would have thought it was too risky, but I said to myself screw that, let's roll the dice and take a risk.

I placed an order for two rings. The bad news was that since they're hand made, it took eight weeks for me to get them. And by the time they were in my hands, the prices dropped considerably. However, there was still money to be made.

So I managed to sell both rings off, one for $420 and the other for $425, all in US dollars. If you take away the listing, shipping and paypal fees and add in the currency exchange, I made about $80 or so. You know what? Better than a kick in the teeth.

Another thing I noticed is that out of print WWE DVDs are in demand now. I sold two of mine off, one for $23USD and the other for $30USD, both used. There's another WWE DVD that's in my collection that went for $66USD the other week, so that one is going to be sold off soon, too. Don't fret, there's still about 30 DVDs like them left on my shelves. :)

It's kinda neat doing this. I won't retire earlier or anything, but making an extra buck is always fun.

Comments:
*I* thought the penny in that picture represented your profit...
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]