Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Who doesn't love the underdog?


I have to admit, I almost gave up on the Edmonton Oilers pulling a game 6 victory after the first two dismal periods of hockey (two shots in the second period?). But hey, it ain't over 'till it's over, and scoring four goals in the final period quickly erased the memory of their bad play before. Dwayne Roloson, who I counted as a sieve before the series began, made some huge stops and clearly outplayed Manny Legace. Chris Pronger also rose to the occasion after having a quiet, unspectacular regular season.

Did we also witness Steve Yzerman's last game? I think we did. There was no real drama in having the Red Wings winning a Stanley Cup "one more time" for Stevie Y. He has three rings, and quite frankly my bias aside with my Sens, I am not interested in seeing them or the New Jersey Devils win again. Yzerman has accomplished everything there is to accomplish in his career, and there's nothing left for him to prove.

Savour it Oilers fans, it's your first series win since 1998.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]