Wednesday, April 05, 2006

A Subway Shocker



An item I do admit having a weakness for, aside from a Subway submarine sandwich itself, are those soft, chewy, chocolate chip (or chunk) cookies. Mmmmmm! At one point, I'd visit Subway everyday, and each time I would include a trio of cookies to accompany my meal. These days, I've tried to limit the visits to once a week, but you know, I cheat a little here and there.

Anyway, a magazine caught my eye that had an article on calorie counting at fast food restaurants. It gave advice on what you should order to limit the high-fat, high-calorie foods that plague the menu at most of these places. I pretty much just looked at it so I could reaffirm my notion that Subway is the healthiest choice of the lot.

Sort of.

See, what I didn't know, is that each one of those delicious, warm, chewy chocolately cookies, contain 220 calories! Just one! So what you say? Ok, I would eat THREE at a time, so now we're up to 660 calories. In contrast, you can purchase a TWELVE-inch steak and cheese sub with a total calorie count of 720. Instead of getting three cookies, I can pretty much have the same calorie count by eating not one but TWO, TWO twelve-inch long subs. Man oh man, that's terrible! Three cookies equals a footlong sub! So I no longer pick up the biscuits.

This doesn't mean I'm not human. Instead, to crave my sweet tooth, I pick up one of those low-fat brownies with only 145 calories. See? I cut over 500 calories by making the switch! One brownie, as opposed to three cookies. Be like me, do yourself a favour, and make that brownie switch!


Comments:
Waitasecond, you're saying that desserts are full of calories, sugar and fat?

How much did you pay for this magazine? I coulda told you that for free!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]