Thursday, April 20, 2006

Random Hockey Ramblings for Thursday, April 20, 2006


No SBP screwjobs for my work's 2005/06 regular season hockey pool. After a back and forth battle with friend Dan P., yours truly took first place by ONE point! What put me over the top was Martin Havlat, who was a liability for me the entire season but picked up two assists in the last game of the regular season to help me win. Too sweet! But, let it be known, Dan and I agreed to cut the 1st and 2nd place winnings 55-45 so financially, not as rewarding as it could be, but bragging rights are now mine!

For my two draft playoff pools I entered, I primarily picked Sens, Devils, Stars, Red Wings and some Flames. Although I figure Calgary will make the finals, it's hard to choose any of their players because they simply don't score that much. Jarome Iginla leads the team with only 65 or so points. Every game is probably going to be 2-1 affairs.

Let's go through who I think will take each playoff round. Everyone already knows I picked my Sens so let's move on to the other matchups.

Eastern Conference:

Carolina vs Montreal: I think Montreal is just happy to be there, but this could be the series where upset strikes. But, if I could bet money on that, I wouldn't.
Prediction: Carolina in 6

New Jersey vs NY Rangers: New Jersey has won their last 11 in a row and Martin Brodeur just plain scares the crap out of me.
Prediction: New Jersey in 6

Buffalo vs Philadelphia: This is a tough call, the age old speed vs strength battle take place here. But to quote Patch Adams, "Speed Wins".
Prediction: Buffalo in 7

Western Conference:

Detroit vs Edmonton: Edmonton has had some success against the Wings this season, but their goaltending won't take them anywhere.
Prediction: Detroit in 6

Dallas vs Colorado: I don't think Jose Theodore will come back to the form that won him a Hart Trophy a few years back.
Prediction: Dallas in 6

Calgary vs Anaheim: A low-scoring battle with the Flames coming out on top with the best goalie in the league.
Prediction: Calgary in 7

Nashville vs San Jose: Backup Chris Mason won't be able to stop the firepower of Joe Thornton and Jonathan Cheechoo.
Prediction: San Jose in 6

CAN'T WAIT FOR THE PLAYOFFS TOMORROW! BRING IT!!!!!!!

Comments:
Hmmm, Dave Hodge seems to think that the Sens`ll have a tough time of it... and that Paul will win our playoff pool.

Story
 
Wow, that Dave Hodge article is funny and scary at the same time. But for once, I hope he's right.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]