Saturday, March 25, 2006

The problems continue...

With my PC still in a state of disarray, I wasn't able to do a post yesterday. Alex came over and, using a portable USB port, scanned my computer with an anti-virus program and found just under 200 different types of viruses (from adware, spyware to a dreaded Trojan-type). My computer is not in the best of shape. Most of the stuff was cleaned up but there are a couple that aren't too easy to get rid of.

I have no idea how my computer became so infected, but I suspect when I downloaded Limewire to retrieve a song I heard in Mexico, that's when the problems began. The frustrating thing is I was willing to PAY for the song through the Itunes music store or whatever (I generally don't download copyrighted material, I can afford the 99 cent per song charge), but it wasn't available for purchase. And I also can't believe my Norton Antivirus, with a subscription I renewed just a few months ago, didn't catch this either.

Anyway, hopefully there won't be any more screwups so I can continue giving you my daily dose!

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]