Thursday, February 09, 2006

What a bust of a night

I don't need this now! The condo above me had a slight water leakage problem. Turns out one of the water hoses broke and the superintendent told me that "hundreds of gallons" of water leaked all over the floor above me. The water leaked into my apartment from the window panes in my 2 bedrooms and from the pipes behind my air conditioner. Fortunately, it wasn't too bad. The super actually told me he's surprised not more got into my place. Anyway, I had towels everywhere and was anxious about what damage could be done, especially with my trip just two days away. (Just two days? Yay!) Looks like everything will be ok.

So...I went to the Sens-Thrashers contest. Yikes, that game felt like a trap fest to say the least, lousy result aside. Now tell me if this makes any sense. Tonight's game was "Barbados Night", where they gave a trip for 2 to Barbados away, and it gave a chance for Sens' owner Eugene Melnyk to show off the bar he owns down south called "Bert's Bar". A lot of the employees working at SBP (yes!) were wearing these neat Senators' Hawaiian shirts. I went to Sensations to see about getting one. "Do you have any for sale?" I ask. "You know, a lot of people have been asking that tonight. No, we don't have any for sale!" Wow, there's a merchandiser that needs to be FIRED. They could have made tons of money selling those shirts if they just HAD THEM FOR SALE! Why would you have every worker of yours wearing it when the fans can't buy them for themselves? With thoughts of donning it during my stay in Mexico, it was an easy decision to purchase. But I couldn't give them my money! Oh well, as the Hulkster would say, "Whatcha gonna do?!"

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]