Sunday, January 01, 2006

My New Year's Eve...

First, I went to see Munich with some friends. I'll give it a recommendation, althought I can't quite explain it, something was missing. This could have been an exciting thriller, but perhaps it's running time is what hurts it most. Based on the aftermath of the 1972 hostage crisis at the Munich Olympics, it's message of the never-ending cycle of violence is clear, but I couldn't help but think the documentary One Day in September was just so much more interesting. True, Munich is about the vengeance sought by the Israeli government after that tragedy, but I learned a lot more about the whole Arab-Israeli conflict in One Day in September. Anyway, it's worth a viewing, you should make up your own mind and it certainly is a lot better than most of the releases of 2005.

Kylie's party was fun! The lightsaber was a hit...I don't know how many times I heard that thing get turned on and off. Controlled my beer consumption, too, didn't get into any trouble. The only downside was Kylie's decision to turn on the dishwasher at FOUR IN THE MORNING while I was trying to get some zzzzzs in the room beside. Just brutal.

John bought me the Beavis & Butthead DVD set (ah, the memories!) I'm going to try to take that in now and hopefully get a poker game in tonight to start the New Year!

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]