Sunday, December 11, 2005

Spread it Out


Fellow Sens fan, what did your hair look like after the Vancouver and Calgary games?

When I get frustrated, I tend to run my hand through my hair several times until I see a result that makes me less irritated. Of course if you saw Friday and Saturday's game, the hand-through-the-hair manouver was pretty much on automatic pilot. My hair was practically touching the ceiling.

I don't ever recall Ottawa taking so many trips to the penalty box Friday. It's hard to score goals when you have to sit the leading scorer, Jason Spezza, for more than 1/2 the game because he doesn't kill penalties.

Yesterday, the Sens just seemed disinterested. They were coasting in the third period and overtime, and Emery, much like Hasek the night before, was the only reason they managed to get a point.

Perhaps the team was getting frustrated with the "trap" style Calgary was playing that made for some boring hockey. But a theory I'll put forward is the notion Calgary, and Vancouver for that matter, could easily stop the scoring because there's only one line to worry about. With Martin Havlat out, coach Brian Murray has left the Heatley-Spezza-Alfredsson combonation intact. I don't think this is the way to go. The other lines aren't really at offensively threatening.

Drop Alfie to the 2nd line and give Bochenski another chance with Heatley and Spezza. Or someone else more appropriate, doesn't matter. Bottom line: Don't make the 1st line so top heavy now. With Havlat out, it's time to make some minor adjustments.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]