Monday, December 05, 2005

So who's it going to be?

Ok, so I said I wouldn't be political. Well I lied! We have an election coming up and I have no idea who to vote for.

I consider myself a Liberal at heart, but the sponsorship scandal still sticks with me. Not just for the obvious blatant stealing of taxpayer money, but the idea somehow comes across that by spending money on ads and propaganda, we can buy Quebecers into not separating from the country. I think a lot of Quebecers interpreted the scandal in that light as well, thus the Liberals unnecessarily risked tearing Quebec apart from the rest of Canada.

No way I'll vote Conservative. Their dinosaur ideas on stuff like gay marriage just turns me off of them completely, even if it does come with a 2% cut to the GST. As a human race, we need to progress, and to me it's a giant step backward with this party.

Do I vote for the NDP? Is it a wasted vote? More times than not, it's red or blue, not orange. With Ed Broadbent no longer in my riding, it gives me less incentive to do so.

I voted for the Green Party in the last provincial election simply because I didn't like the choice of candidates in my riding. Maybe this is the way to go?

Anyway, if you have a thought I'd love to hear it.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]