Sunday, November 20, 2005

SBP vents...

Ok, I consider myself a pretty easy-going person. I dish it out and I take it. When I do dish it out though, it's playful, and I never, ever, make any personal attacks about a person's physical appearance or mannerisms which they have no control over. If I tease one of buddies about the Leafs, "Toronto sucks just like you!" who cares, it's all in fun. If I noticed a friend of mine has put on 100 lbs in the last three months, I'm not going to say, "Hey, you big fat tub of goo, ease up on the Big Macs!" I'm sure they are already feeling pretty down about it, so why would I be a jerk and bring attention to it?

So this week, no less than three people, THREE, have walked up to me and said, "Hey Ben, got a few gray hairs there don't we?!"

Ok, why are you telling me this? Are you trying to make my day? Are you trying to pay me a compliment? Yes, I've noticed to, I'm getting older, this will happen, so why are you drawing attention to it? How are you expecting me to react? You know, I don't feel any different than I did 5 years ago, I feel great. But not when I hear stuff like that.

Tease me about my enjoyment of St Hubert's & Subway. Tease me about all those times the Senators choked in the playoffs. Tease about that time a girl turned me down for a date because she already planned to take a nap three days in advance. By all means! Personal stuff, how about taking the time to compliment instead of criticize, or maybe just not saying anything at all.

Am I being too sensitive about this or what do you think?

Comments:
Can I tease you for Smoking a Fry?
 
Why would you, it never happened! ;)
 
Fry smoker.
 
Don't forget wrestling. Anyone who likes wrestling when they're old enough to be going grey deserves to be teased about that! D.B.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]