Sunday, November 13, 2005

My day in with Star Wars...

Ok, a late start as at the last minute, decided to head up to cottage country with Kim, Kerri and Alex the night before, so I didn't get in until just before 3pm. (It was worth it though, $20 profit made playing poker!) Yeesh, this is going to be a long night. Lets get started!



An SBP thumbs up as we start the proceedings. Man, what is going on with my hair?



First sighting of Jar Jar Binks. "Moy, moy, meesa loves you!" Truly awful.



One of only two reasons to watch The Phantom Menace: The pod race and Darth Maul. Lucas created a really good villain here...too bad his screen time was only 10 minutes.



So far so good. Attack of the Clones is now up, in the meantime some yogurt to keep SBP moving.



Hayden Christiansen was such a whiny b**** in this movie. But he gets to score with Nathalie Portman, so kudos to him! Anyway, I'm starting to get hungry....



Subway roasted chicken caesar sub, mmmm, that's better! I actually kept the movie running while I went to pick it up. It's ok though, because the movie itself didn't pick up until Nathalie Portman had her shirt conveniently ripped in half. Mmmm...Nathalie Portman! ;)



Ok, let's get Revenge of the Sith started. I'm thirsty, time for a beverage...



More yogurt. My hair is just out of control...



The climatic Anakin-Obi, Yoda-Sidious duels gets my full attention. I could watch that over and over again. But why didn't Yoda dust himself off and head back to battle after he fell from one of the senate pods while fighting Sidious? That was kinda dumb.



The final scene of Sith as Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru hold a young Luke Skywalker. I remember when I went to see Sith at a midnight screening, these three girls sitting beside me were actually crying while all this was going on. Good to have people around out-nerding you!



We're making decent enough time, as the first three installments are done and I put in the disc that started it all: Star Wars - A New Hope.



Starting to feel a little tubsy-wubsy sitting around, time for a trip to the treadmill. Man, I sweat like nobody's business!



Shower action time. To prevent the ladies from getting too excited and the gents from getting too jealous of my killer bod, it's a PG-rated photo for my blog. Starting to think that at one point the shaggy hair of Han and Luke were considered dated just a couple of years ago, but now it looks perfectly in-line with what the kids are doing these days.



It's beer o'clock as I put on The Empire Strikes Back. C-3PO informs Princess Leia the odds of Han & Luke surviving a brutal snowstorm is 725-1, or approximately the odds of flopping a flush when holding two suited cards. ;) You can tell at this point the fatigue and the beer are taking its effect on SBP. Did I somehow get hairier???



The moment that shocked the world when first released...Darth Vader tells Luke Skywalker "I am your father." You need to have your own lightsaber to hold when watching this stuff, trust me.



I start Return of the Jedi and it's almost 1 am, slowly dozing...



Gone....



Ok, that happened a few times during Jedi, but I'm fully alert when my favourite Star Wars scene from all six movies transpires...Luke blows a gasket when Vader suggests Leia will join the dark side if he doesn't. The haunting vocals that accompany John Williams' score makes this scene work. This is why I like Jedi more than most people I know.



And we come to an end. Time to catch some zzzzs, I don't know if I'll ever do that again!



Stats:

Food consumed:

12" Subway chicken caesar sub
3 Subway chocolate chip cookies
2 empire apples
1/4 container of raspberry yogurt
1 granola bar
Melba toast & honey (A concoction I discovered during the evening. Not a bad snack!)
500ml chocolate milk
1 can of C2
1 bottle of water
1 Canadian Light
1 cup of hot chocolate

# of times I fast-forwarded: 5
# of times I fell asleep: 3
# of phone calls: 2
# of hos who came by to GIVE ME MY MONEY!!!: none

I'm all Star-Wars'd out. Peace!

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]