Saturday, November 05, 2005

The first game of the season...

So I'll be going to the Corel Centre tonight to catch my first live Sens game of the season. Three reasons why I chose tonight's contest:

1. All tickets 1/2 price! ("Mmmmm....chocolate....1/2 price!" - Homer Simpson)
2. Game not on free TV
3. I get to boo Yashin

Last season, before I became a homeowner, I went to 22 Sens games. Now, yeesh, I budgeted for 2 games this year. But since this game is 1/2 price, and the next game I'm going to (November 15th against Carolina) is only costing me $26.00, maybe I can say those two only amount to 1 game so perhaps SBP can sneak in another one this year? Oh yeah, I think so! ;)

So last night's Controller Controller show nearly didn't happen. My sister called up my buddy John on his cell to say Nirmala had got in touch with her and she has laryngitis so the show's cancelled. I went into Zaphod's to look for my friends to see if they were waiting for us. Didn't see them, but saw Nirmala, and I told her "Man, that sucks you had to cancel." In her raspy voice she said she wasn't cancelling and the show was still going on! So I had to go back outside to collect everyone and tell them Controller Controller was still playing. It was a good thing I ran into Nirm or the evening would have been a bust. Anyway, Nirmala sounded great and you couldn't tell she was sick. Now perhaps I'm just getting older, but it was REALLY loud, I mean, louder than any other small club show I've been too, my ears are still ringing. "Those pesky kids! Back in my day...." :)

Comments:
Aww, thanks Ben! You're right, it's loud in there. One of the best investments I ever made was buying a set of customized ear plugs (a necessity if you're in a band or go to a lot of shows, I suppose). Sigh. I'm old.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]