Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Far be it for me to be political...

And I never really intended to talk world politics on this forum as I wanted it to be a little more on the cheery side, but when I read this article, I just shook my head in disbelief. It's safe to say that the majority of Canadians, and probably citizens of other countries, aren't terribly thrilled there's a war going on in Iraq. Americans once supported the war, but the population is turning against it and the United States is finding it harder and harder to get young people to sign up for the army. Who can blame them? Sign up to die for a cause most feel is just fiction, gee, that sounds great, pass the pen!

Anyway, there is such a desperate need for soliders that a 52 year-old retired Army Veteran named Gary Olson is being forced to depart for Iraq and has been told to expect to stay for 18 months. This isn't the first time; he was asked to come out voluntarily 2 years ago but declined, citing the reason that, I don't know, I'M RETIRED!

So far the war in Iraq has produced 2,110 US military deaths, 15,704 US military wounded and 27,115 Iraqi Civilian deaths as disclosed on michaelmoore.com. Tonight, thank your lucky stars you get to go to sleep tonight without fear of having to fight a war the next day.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]