Friday, November 04, 2005

Controller Controller baby, yeah!


I'm off to Zaphod's tonight (how often do I say that?) to check out my new favourite band, Controller Controller. I happen to know the lead singer, Nirmala Basnayake, and got myself on the sweet GUEST LIST! Yeah, the social elite, that's where I am! Nirmala appreciates how enthusiastic I am about CC's music, although it's cute when she tries to be all humble about it. Anyway, this group released an EP called History over a year ago and although it was short, it had energetic, catchy songs that didn't take me long to get into. They released their first full length album a few weeks ago called X-Amounts, and they're touring now to support it. Their music is a sort of dance/techno/rock/pop compilation, and my only complaint is the song "Rooms" which is too bluesy and a bit of a downer tune for my tastes. But that's a minor point, the album is fantastic and I highly recommend it.

On a side note, it's really cool to see Nirmala's band take off. She's following her dreams and it's all starting to come to fruition. I wish her and the rest of her band all the success they deserve. NOW SUPPORT THEM AND BUY X-AMOUNTS! :)

Comments:
Dude, you should link to their site:
http://www.controllercontroller.com

so readers can buy their album like you suggest. Or send 'em right to:

http://www.amazon.ca
 
Good idea, done!

"That's some nice work Lou."

- Chief Wiggum
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]